Saturday, May 21, 2016

Blast From The Past :)

"Giving It All Away" is one of my favourite songs of mine. It is a quirky exercise in 7/8 and introspection which I posted in 2011, and is yet again appropriate for me. So far, it is the only one of my songs which has been "temporarily off line" at MJ. Anyway, 
I have remixed it and re-sung it (mainly because the original vocal tracks had disappeared from my Logic files) in May 2016. It's a little crisper and sounds more like I had wanted when I first posted - ah, the joys of Ozone 5 and 7 :) 
If you've heard it before, you may enjoy another listen, if not, then enjoy counting to 7 ........... a lot! 
Me on everything. I added the chords so you can play along. :) Oh, the lyrics are not what they seem. 

Have a listen here: "Giving It All Away"
Giving It All Away  ©2012 Neil Porter 
Intro: |Am Em7|Am Em7|Am Em7|Am Em7|
Verse: |Am Em7|Am Em7|Am Em7|Am Em7|Dm Am|Dm Am|Am Em7|Am Em7|
Middle 8: |F|F|F|F|C|C|C|C| 
I got time on my hands
My place in the sun 
So much to do but it never gets done  I made some mistakes And they play on my heart
So much to do but I don’t seem to start 
I just have to have some clear direction
When there’s no reason I’m all at sea
Sometimes I get it right
Give in without a fight
Maybe I’ll give it all away 
Doing my best with your obsessions
Sometimes they’re pushing me away
Sometimes I get it right
Give in without a fight
Maybe I’ll give it all away 
Giving it all away
Giving it all away
Giving it all away
Giving it all away yeah 
I lived a life of inhibition
Taking no chances – that’s not me
Sometimes I get it right
Give in without a fight
Maybe I’ll give it all away 
So you can see the contradiction
Nose on your face as plain as day
Sometimes I get it right
Give in without a fight
Maybe I’ll give it all away
Maybe I’ll give it all away
Maybe I’ll give it all away

No comments:

Post a Comment